- 1-2 med/large FAT sweet potatoes scrubbed and sliced into 1/2” thick rounds (you’ll need 10 rounds total)
- avocado or olive oil plus salt for roasting
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 lbs grass fed ground beef 85% lean
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/8-1/4 tsp chipotle powder more if you like spice!
- 1 fresh jalapeño minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 2 med/large ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup red onion minced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- Sea salt to taste
- 3 slices nitrate free bacon sugar free for Whole30, cooked and crumbled
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Brush a small amount of the oil on both sides of each sweet potato round and arrange on a baking sheet spread apart. Roast for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, flip each one, then continue to roast another 10-15 mins or until soft and beginning to brown.
Meanwhile, combine the ground beef, taco seasoning, chipotle powder, minced jalapeño, garlic, and salt in a mixing bowl. Form mixture into 10 small patties
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brush with a bit of cooking fat. You can also grill the patties following the same instructions.
Once skillet is sizzling hot, add patties and fry about 2-3 minutes on each side until the desired doneness is achieved. Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
guacamole and chipotle ranch:
Either prior to beginning or before serving, combine all guacamole ingredients and mash with a fork to combine well.
For chipotle ranch, whisk ingredients together until well combined. Store both covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Place each sweet potato round on a serving platter and top with a cooked patty. Top each one with guacamole and crumbled bacon, then drizzle with chipotle ranch as desired. Serve immediately - enjoy!