Paleo Gluten Free Breakfast Recipe
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 small apples, peeled and diced
- ½ cup of full fat coconut milk (lite also works and will lighten the fat and calories slightly)
- ½ cup of roughly chopped raw nuts (I used filberts, hazelnuts and cashews)
- ¼ cup of unsweetened dry fruit. (I chose plums, figs and apricots, plus some unsweetened banana slices)
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1½ tsp of cinnamon
- 3 tbsp of shredded unsweetened coconut
- Sliced bananas
- A few almonds
- Heated coconut butter
- Heat the coconut oil in a nonstick pan and cook the apples and nuts for a minute or so until the apples soften and the nuts start to brown.
- Stir in the coconut milk and mix well.
- Add the shredded coconut and spices and stir in the dried fruit. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes until the mixture is thick and creamy and some of the coconut milk is reduced. Don't cook too long, since you want the nuts to still have a bit of crunch.
- Top with sliced bananas, a few almonds, and some melted coconut butter.
- Serve immediately